Guh.

Last Thursday, when I went to turn on the wireless router, nothing happened.  Το ρούτερ (just pronounce "rooter" with a Greek accent) was fried.  And due to the weekend and a holiday, we had to wait until today for a new one.

 I hate to admit what a serious kink one little broken gizmo put in my plans.  All of my planned blog posts, all of my KCWC reading(but not participating, sigh) just did not happen.  In the end, though, we managed to entertain ourselves using "old media." (And it wasn't so bad.)


pattern: Lucille
size: 0-3 months
yarn: Mondial Extrafine (2 whole skeins)
mods: short sleeves, fewer buttons



As a brief interruption to my "travel series" (Har. Har.) I thought a little knitting would do.  I made this sweater for a friend's new baby with some yarn I bought while here.  Truth be told, the yarn shops I've visited in Athens have yarns that do not interest me.  I didn't realize how fortunate we are in the US to have access to such high quality and affordable yarn.  Anyway, I am always amazed by how superwash yarn stretches; despite following the 0-3 months directions, this sweater fit T.  Sadly, he refused to model it.  The pattern was delightful and quick to knit, despite the fine gauge, and I hope to do it again.


p.s.  I know I owe some emails.  I'll catch up in the next couple of days.  Promise.

Comments

  1. Yay for Internet! If you want to make more of that adorable sweater I know some buyers :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts