A Little Inspiration

photo credit: James Kicinski-McCoy, here
This picture may or may not be responsible for all of the couscous we ate this week.



Every year after Pascha I have a few weeks of meal planning excitement, and it's back to serving my family the same old boring dishes.  And really, I don't even want to eat them, let alone the troops.  The other day I stumbled upon a couple of series at Bleubird Vintage, which totally inspired me to make my meal planning a little more intentional.  I don't know what it says about my palate, but I want to eat every kids' dish in Kiddo Lunch, and I want to eat it from a bento box.  I may just be finding a recipe for Turkey and Carrot Meatloaf and buying some tiny balls of mozzarella tomorrow.  And since we have access to such fabulous fruits and vegetables here, why not?  Obviously not every meal will be a Herculean effort, but some should be special, right? 


  

photo credit: James Kicinski-McCoy, here



And while we're on the subject of intentional, I love the idea of packing lunch the night before, despite the fact that we're at home for lunch.  It would cut down on some of the lunchtime crazies, and we could be ready for an instant picnic.  Hmmm...


Comments

Popular Posts